maanantai 27. kesäkuuta 2011

Tale of survival

Discussing the similarities between
Fallout
and The Elder Scrolls.
Even on vacation. And still I wonder
why I'm single.
I survived the midsummer madness and returned home yesterday, to stumble on a real awkward problem. I was utterly certain of what I wanted to do next for the blog, but once I started playing, I lost interest in record time. I slammed in almost every other Xbox game on the shelf for five to ten minutes, only to realize that I couldn't find anything to stir my creative juices. Well, when I woke up this morning, I made a call for a couple of more games and now I'm back on track. I have the next five games lined up, from three different franchises, and this time around, I have to take a single sidestep to the PS3 - which is good, my PS3's been totally ignored since I took my personal advantage of Sony's Welcome Back program. I hope it still works - an YLOD would be the crown jewel of my recent mishaps with the PlayStation 3. One of the games is the game I already mentioned as the latter option in the previous entry.

Since I forgot to mention it earlier, I got WipEout HD Fury (I previously had the conditional Plus subscription of the game, which didn't have the Fury expansion) and Ratchet & Clank: Quest for Booty out of that Welcome Back deal. The decision was quite easy, since I already own retail copies of inFamous and LittleBigPlanet, and I've heard mixed opinions regarding Dead Nation. Ignoring the game this one time around does not make me a lousy Finn, I think.

The most important underlying theme of the next few weeks is that I'm going to take a break from RPG's on the behalf of mostly straightforward action. Yep, I was supposed to hack through a whole variety of RPG's and I was going to up 'til yesterday morning, but as it turns out, I'm exhausted of role-playing right now and just the thought of having to slap at least five more RPG's in the near future silly, gives me the creeps. Besides, there are some games which take way too much time to just comprehend; you could say I'm not ready for them, or at least I'm not ready to deliver quality reviews of them - so believe me, it's in everyone's best interest that I take a little break from them, yours and mine.

Tonight will definitely be game night, and I can pretty much guarantee that the next review(s) will turn up within the next two days. May this be the monthly rant entry, since I don't know what kind of tricks my friends have up their sleeves to take up my time as we're closing in to my birthday - I have some faint suspicions.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti