sunnuntai 7. heinäkuuta 2013

In the aftermath

One game that could very possibly turn out the game of the year - I'm not crossing any fingers for anyone just yet - is now dealt with, and it's time to move on. Let's take this time to review all the stuff swirling through my mind.

THE most amazing metal vocalist of
all time. And I saw him live. Yeah.
First of all, the reasons the review of The Last of Us got delayed. I attended the Tuska Open Air Metal Festival for the 11th time and I've taken a habit of "shooting a road movie" of me and my friends each year. Six days of drinking and three days of editing alone took nine precious days off my blog calendar. When it comes to partying, this was my favourite Tuska festival thus far, and I got five hours of raw video material from the trip. When it comes to the festival itself... well, it gets more uncomfortable and expensive each year, and we don't get much in return, but it was a true pleasure to finally witness Mr. King Diamond himself performing live, and it's always a treat to attend a Kreator or Testament gig. Also, The Last of Us is one of the few games of this generation that I've wanted to start over right after the credits; I wanted to beat the game twice before my final verdict, which, as you can see, turned out "quite" flattering.

I turned 29 last Thursday, and as always, I was unable to fight the urge to visit GameStop. As obviously inspired by The Last of Us, I finally checked out copies of both Uncharted 2: Among Thieves and Uncharted 3: Drake's Deception - enough beating around the bush with those games.

So, what now? Well, first of all, I have at least two months before the next big thing comes along, and that's great time to replay some huge games that I've long wanted to replay, but never had the time - like Fallout: New Vegas - and carry on with the Marvel marathon on the side. The original aim was to finish up with it by the blog's 3rd birthday, but seeing how close that is and how many games there are left, I have to say I don't believe it's possible. It'll be dealt with before the arrival of Grand Theft Auto V - I promise. After that, I can and will focus on something completely different.

I haven't quite figured out the traditional special delivery for the b-day just yet, but I have already made some plans for the time after Grand Theft Auto V - if there is a time after Grand Theft Auto V. I'll not plunge any deeper into those plans just yet, but once again, I'm at least attempting to shift the focus back on retro gaming. However, another Monster Mash is coming up on Halloween week; I already have most of the line-up thought out, and I just realized there's no retro in there. I think I'll sort that problem out immediately.

Until Spider-Man's return...

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti