lauantai 25. lokakuuta 2014

Monster Mash '14: The Curse Gets Worse

Halloween's approaching, and while it seemed only a few weeks ago that I had a great pace going on and that I was definitely able to do things just the way as I envisioned them and have reviews of several interesting horror- and monster-themed games, including the brand new The Evil Within, online by October 31st, now it's almost certain that it isn't going to happen. You see, I must have a curse or something. Halloween's a time for curses and witchcraft and all that, but this is ridiculous - this is the second year in a row that a Monster Mash has gone to hell. However, I refuse it to let it go all the way down to the ninth plane - it will continue to the planned end, just not on schedule. I'll have to come up with something else for Hallow's Eve.

For the past two weeks, my back's been killing me. I can neither stand up, or sit down properly. The pain (or occasional numbness) shifts between my upper and lower back, and even my neck, making it hard for me AND the doctors to pinpoint the actual cause, or the cure, whether it's just an acute deficiency of [insert medical mumbo-jumbo here] or if I'm really in need of physiotherapy. I've been using up all the physical energy and strength I have to be able to do my job at the highest possible efficiency. Just the thought of sitting at the computer for more than 30 minutes, even if it's positioned on my lap, has been the last thing on my mind lately. Right now I feel I'm getting a little better. I've stretched, worked out, done everything I can to get back in shape for any everyday function.

That being said, I believe I can squeeze out a review or two next week, in time for Halloween, but the Monster Mash will carry on for a while after that, I really don't want to skip any of the games on the list, least of all The Evil Within, of which I'm sure I'll be able to whip up a very interesting review as my initial take on it was quite mixed. We'll see what I'll come up on Halloween as a substitute.

'Til then.

Ei kommentteja:

Lähetä kommentti